Makami Engineering Group Ltd. is consulting engineering firm based in Sudbury, Ontario and provides the bulk of its services to industrial clients in Northern Ontario. Makami has a full compliment of structural and mechanical engineers and designers in Sudbury capable of handling projects in the industrial, commercial and transportation fields.
We are looking for a Drafting/Drone & Scanning Technician who will spend time both in the office and in the field providing specialized technical knowledge and services to a diverse client base as well as help develop new clients and relationships in the North. In order to expand our engineering capabilities, individuals will have access to all the following resources:
- 3D laser scanning & modeling
- High accuracy metrology equipment & specialists (deviation analysis, reverse engineering)
- Inspection Drone and pilot
- FEA analysis
- Welding engineering
We currently have the following full-time position available in Sudbury:
Drafting/Drone & Scanning Technician
- Provide extensive worksite hours.
- Provide complete 2D drafting services for the engineer.
- Provide some project direction and organization.
- Projects are typically multi-faceted.
- Complete all safety and company protocols
- Knowledge of mining operations
- Some knowledge of Makami’s or equivalent mining operations including process, major equipment, and general arrangements.
- Safety protocols
- Facilitating process hazard reviews on projects, attending, participation and conducting safety meetings, using safety tracking software, and performing and documenting safety audits.
- Scoping typical and multi-faceted projects, defining design parameters, minor equipment specifications and selection, consulting with vendors, site visits, tender reviews, field measuring, scopes of work, construction reviews, ballpark grade estimating, report writing, familiar with codes (fluent in some) and fluent with Makami Standards, competent in basic numerical calculations under the direct supervision of the engineer.
- Project direction
- Guides the project through technical and non-technical challenges to a successful completion relative to scope, schedule, budget, and function.
- Acquiring the correct and relevant information required for project assessments, scopes, and planning and executing projects.
- Providing compliance with scope, schedule, and budget.
- Organization and time management skills are required for project execution.
Knowledge and Skills:
Preferred Certification: Diploma in technician
Minimum years of experience required to perform this position: 1 year
Ability: Lift and move 50 Lbs
It is important to us that we deliver industry leading technical and specialty engineering services to our clients. In order to do this, we believe our team should be rewarded for their hard work. To help attract the best in the industry, we offer our employees competitive salaries, health and dental package, RRSP program and an innovative work environment that encourages growth.
In addition, we also offer the following:
- Above & Beyond Flight program (one flight per year for the employee, to anywhere in North America, the Caribbean and Mexico). This will resume once COVID restrictions are lifted.
- Dedication to staff and their training
- Close knit staff environment
- Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
- Community support with donations to local food banks, sports teams and other charitable organizations
Individuals interested in this career opportunity may send a resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.