The role of the Mechanical Engineer Intern would be to provide the following:
- Application of regulations to area of expertise and ensuring compliance;
- Incorporation of safety and risk analysis into equipment designs;
- Perform engineering calculations;
- Ability to work with instruction from more senior engineers, complete tasks with guidance.
- Write technical reports;
- Travel to various client sites, attend project meetings and attend field reviews;
- Participate in designing plans, specifications and details based on guidelines and with assistance from a senior engineer.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
- Entry level experience in mechanical design, 0-2 years;
- Be fluent in the English language with excellent verbal and written communication skills with working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs;
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Experience in mechanical engineering in the industrial or mining sectors;
- Willing to learn in the following fields: pumping, piping, stress analysis, dust collection, conveyors, and other mining process equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs;
- Must be able to attend industrial sites and observe all applicable safety regulations;
- Project experience in mills, smelters, mines, industrial sites, infrastructure, refinery, material handling, pulp and paper is beneficial.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license;
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at any given time and manage workload according to resources available, deadlines, etc.
For the Workforce Development Stream.
This opportunity is proudly supported by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation and is funded through the Workforce Development Program. Eligibility requirements of the program can be found here: https://nohfc.ca/en/pages/programs/people-talent-program/workforce-development-stream
If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging work experience please forward your curriculum vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only the applicants Makami Group is considering will be contacted.